Software Request for Proposal (RFP) Template
Still using e-mail to run your RFPs?
Test DeltaBid RFP software
No credit card required
Here you will find free request for proposal (RFP) template for software projects ready to copy or download.
You can use this template and follow the tips to compose a professional RFP that helps your suppliers to prepare their proposals and you will receive high quality bids with minimal effort.
Download template in PDF or copy the text below
1) A brief overview of your current situation and needs
This should be no longer than one sentence. Use this as the subject line when sending the request to the software development companies.
2) Details and descriptions.
Provide a clear overview of your plans. A detailed request will result in fewer questions asked when running the request.
- Purpose: Describe the business goals driving this software project
- Type and platform: Will this be a mobile app? Web application for general public or catered to internal users only? If possible, list the platforms you want to target, eg. Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, IOS etc.
- Expected functionality: Explain briefly what the software is expected to do? If you are able to provide a list of functions that the software should have, add them here.
- Target users: If possible, try to list roles of the users who will be using this software.
- Existing or related solutions: Is the software supposed to work alone in isolation or should it be integrated with other existing systems?
- Key dates: When do you plan to start the development and when do you hope to see it deployed in production? List the key dates and milestones. You should also let the companies know if the dates are set in stone or open to some flexibility.
- Budget and costing: Provide an estimate budget that you can assign for this project. Also state your preferred costing model: fixed-cost, variable scope with hourly rate or other.
- Designs and specifications: If you have some designs and sketches already, provide them here. If not, please specify that you need help with specification of the project from the development company.
- Project management and collaboration: If you have specific wishes about the project management, communication with the development company or preferred development methodology, list them here.
3) Mandatory requirements
State your mandatory requirements, e.g. past experience, qualifications, portfolio of previous projects and references, financial reports etc.
4) Overview of attached documents
List of requirements, specifications, designs, user interface prototypes or other documents that will be attached to RFP.
5) Guides for sending the request to your suppliers
If you are planning to send the information to your suppliers by email, then take a look at this video. In two minutes, you can learn how to run requests faster and save up to 40% of your time.
DeltaBid is a user-friendly RFP tool
DeltaBid is a user-friendly tool for those who need a better way of getting bids from suppliers
We have built a tool that replaces email. This is great for not only buyers but anyone who wants to get organized and save their time running RFPs.