Request for Proposal Template
Still using e-mail to run your RFPs?
Test DeltaBid RFP software
No credit card required
Here you will find free request for proposal (RFP) template ready to copy or download.
You can use this template and follow the tips to compose a professional RFP that helps your suppliers to prepare their proposals and you will receive high quality bids with minimal effort.
Download template in PDF or copy the text below
1) A brief overview of your current situation and needs
This should be no longer than one sentence. Use this as the subject line when sending the request to the suppliers.
2) Details and descriptions.
Provide a clear overview of your plans. A detailed request will result in fewer questions asked when running the request.
- Purpose: Describe the business goals driving this request for proposal
- Detailed description of the project: Here you can mention size, purpose, main features, etc. A concise, yet detailed description will help you avoid endless questions from the supplier during the RFP process. If possible and relevant, please attach images, sketches, designs or blueprints that illustrate your plans visually.
- Key dates: When do you plan to start the project and when do you hope to see it completed and handed over? List the key dates and milestones. You should also let the suppliers know if the dates are set in stone or open to some flexibility.
- Location or delivery: Include the address and other related information about the location of the planned projects.
- Budget and costing: Provide an estimate budget that you can assign for this project. Also state your preferred costing model: fixed-cost, variable scope with hourly rate or other method depending on the nature of the project.
- Project management and collaboration: f you have specific wishes about the project management, communication with the contracting company or preferred implementation methodology, list them here.
- RFP process: For strategic RFP-s (high-value, high-risk etc.) it is recommended to define the terms and conditions , qualification, selection and evaluation criteria for participating on this request and provide suppliers a brief overview of the process of evaluating proposals, handling deviations and announcing the results.
3) Mandatory requirements
State your mandatory requirements, e.g. past experience, qualifications, references to completed projects, financial statements for last FY, etc. Let the suppliers know that if these are not met, their proposal will be rejected.
4) Overview of attached documents
List of images, designs, agreements or documents that will be attached to the RFP.
5) Guides for sending the request to your suppliers
If you are planning to send the information to your suppliers by email, then take a look at this video. In two minutes, you can learn how to run requests faster and save up to 40% of your time.
DeltaBid is a user-friendly RFP tool
DeltaBid is a user-friendly tool for those who need a better way of getting bids from suppliers
We have built a tool that replaces email. This is great for not only buyers but anyone who wants to get organized and save their time running RFPs.