Construction Request for Proposal (RFP) Template
Still using e-mail to run your RFPs?
Test DeltaBid RFP software
No credit card required
Here you will find free Construction Request for Proposal (RFP) Template ready to copy or download.
You can use this template and follow the tips to compose a professional RFP that helps your suppliers to prepare their proposals and you will receive high quality bids with minimal effort.
Download template in PDF or copy the text below
1) A brief overview of your current situation and your construction needs
This should be no longer than one sentence. Use this as the subject line when sending the request to the contractors.
2) Details and descriptions.
Provide a clear overview of your plans. A detailed request, will result in fewer questions asked when running the request.
- Location: Include the address and other related information about the location of the planned projects.
- Detailed description of the project: Here you can mention size, purpose, main features, etc. It’s important to attach images of the project. A concise, yet detailed description will help you avoid endless questions from the contractor during the RFP process.
- Key dates: List key dates clearly. Indicate your planned start and end dates. You should also let the contractors know if the dates are set in stone or open to some flexibility.
- Pricing: Compose a list of items and ask the contractors to complete their bids by filling in the costs of the items on the list. You should also think about whether or not you want those prices to include the appropriate taxes.
While information about the planned budget is not mandatory, it is recommended.
- Responsibility for materials: If you expect the contractor to provide all materials, say so. If you will be providing some of them, list them here in this section.
- Project designs: If you have designs, provide a brief overview here. Include the complete designs as an additional attachment.
- Supervision: Indicate who will be supervising the project.
3) Mandatory requirements
State your mandatory requirements (e.g. past experience, qualifications, references, company turnover rate, etc.). Let contractors know that if these are not met, their proposal will be rejected.
4) Overview of attached documents
List the documents that can be found in the attachments.
5) Guides for sending the request to your suppliers
If you are planning to send the information to your suppliers by email, then take a look at this video. In two minutes, you can learn how to run requests faster and save up to 40% of your time.
DeltaBid is a user-friendly RFP tool
DeltaBid is a user-friendly tool for those who need a better way of getting bids from suppliers
We have built a tool that replaces email. This is great for not only buyers but anyone who wants to get organized and save their time running RFPs.